This smoothie mix is similar to both the Brazilian avocado specialty drink and the avocado bubble tea that you can buy from most Asian restaurants. This recipe that I am going to show you is a healthier alternative for these reasons below:
- Low in sugar (does not have the sweet condense milk, unnecessary amounts of refined sugar, or lots of honey commonly found in all store-bought drinks)
- No milk products or lactose that adds to unnecessary sugar intake that may cause body inflammation
Benefit of using Avocados
Avocados have many positive benefits for Eczema because it’s full of omega-3’s, which is great for the skin. It is beneficial for your blood flow, which means also a healthy brain. It is high in good fats and proteins that will make you feel satisfied and full. The proteins act as a building block in muscles, enzymes and skin, therefore helping the body repair and recover. With all these benefits, avocadoes help maintain weight as well as losing it if one’s so desired.
Another plus is that it adds an interesting consistency and taste to the smoothie mix.
Benefits of using Bananas
Who doesn’t like bananas! Bananas not only are yummy but also provide moisture and nutrients to your skin. They are an excellent snack for a post-workout because it refills carbohydrates and replaces muscle glycogen lost during intense exercise. Secondly, bananas maintain body circulation system with the help of its potassium, making our skin look vibrant.
Making the Smoothie
For 1 serving, all you need is mainly 3 ingredients:
- ½ or 1 ripe banana
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk or milk alternatives (soy milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- Some ice cubes (optional)
- Add other fruits for more variety (optional)
- Stevia, xylitol or sugar to taste (optional) *I prefer the natural sweeteners like stevia or xylitol which is known not to cause a spike in blood sugar levels
Gather all the ingredients in a blender and blend until it becomes thick with a smooth consistency.
Most of the time, I will eyeball the amount of ingredients when using my Nutribullet especially if I am using other fruits. If your smoothie is too thick, just add more almond milk.
*Note: Depending on your type of blender, you may need to add the softer ingredients like bananas and avocado last, for an efficient blend.